Author Topic: Rigol DS1052E vs LeCroy WaveAce 101  (Read 11585 times)

Offline john_guitarTopic starter

Rigol DS1052E vs LeCroy WaveAce 101
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:48 pm »
Greetings,

I want to buy an oscilloscope and I am between the following two:
Rigol DS1052E
LeCroy WaveAce 101

Any opinions?

Thanks

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1052E vs LeCroy WaveAce 101
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:41:12 pm »
How much is that LeCroy? About €700 ? Then why not compare to the Rigol 2000 series?  :-//

Offline SLJ

• Frequent Contributor
  • Antique Test Equipment Collector
    • Steve's Antique Technology
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:01:56 pm »
+1

The LeCroy is in the 2000 series price range. Compare it to that.

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:07:59 pm »
I have a brand new (only used once to test it) LeCroy WaveAce 102 (60MHz, 500MSa/s) DSO here I can sell you for $200. PM me if you're interested.

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 09:14:51 pm »
LeCroy WaveAce series is a rebranded Siglent. Compare attached pictures. The button layout is exactly the same!!
LeCroy Waveace 112 ?????? ATTEN ADS1102CM
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:26:22 pm by Hydrawerk »
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 01:04:40 am »
If you want the LeCroy, just go buy a Siglent on eBay. Same damn thing, but with 7" screen, longer memory, and cheaper price. A SDS1072CML (70MHz, 1Mpts) is just around $300.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 08:13:43 am »
Greetings,

Rigol DS1052E
LeCroy WaveAce 101

Any opinions?

Thanks

This is Siglent made for Teledyne.
I do not know if they still continue this model for Teledyne - I seriously doubt.

Siglent  have time ago informed that all these ancient models have finally stopped in production 2013-04-30
But - old stocks - yes still available some and perhaps this is also Teledyne case..
New hardware is better. Also FW have developed.

2013-03-26

The Notice of Siglent SDS1000 series stop production

Dear honored partners,

Thanks very much for your support and attention to Siglent all the way along. As SDS1000L series, with 7" LCD display and higher cost performance, have been launched, we would like to notice you that Siglent will stop manufacturing SDS1000C/D/CM/CN/CF/CE with 5.7" LCD display after 30th April, 2013.

SIGLENT TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD
March. 2013

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:25:42 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 03:24:01 pm »
First coming SDS2000  (perhaps september?)

Edit/Add:
For clarify: Table is from Siglent. I'm not responsible about any possible errors there.

MSO3000, originally there read High resolution but word resolution was out of border line and only High was visibl --> repaired now..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:47:26 pm by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 05:37:20 pm »
Agilent DSOX2000 series has high resolution mode. It should be in your table.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 06:50:55 pm »
Agilent DSOX2000 series has high resolution mode. It should be in your table.

Thanks, good finding.

Original table have it but last column was adjusted accidentally too narrow. In picture there was word "High" but word "resolution" was dropped out of .xlsx table border. Repaired to table png image.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:53:21 pm by rf-loop »

Offline PA4TIM

• Super Contributor
  • instruments are like rabbits, they multiply fast
    • PA4TIMs shelter for orphan measurement stuff
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 07:15:52 pm »
LeCroy WaveAce series is a rebranded Siglent. Compare attached pictures. The button layout is exactly the same!!

Yes, the buttons, psu etc are very much alike. But if you look at the bottom PCB the LeCroy has a very big black mulipin IC (fpga ? ) and the Atten has one that is about 1/4th of that size. So they share the cabinet and psu but the heart of the scopes are different. So I would not call that rebranded. It is made by Atten or siglent but it looks like it is not a just a rebranded copy. I think a brand like Agilent or LeCroy has enough knowledge to give them a design or make mods according there wishes. Maybe better parts. They do not have to make it dead cheep and so it just last the warranty periode, It must be good enough not to trow away there name with customers also buying there more expensive products and give support/service.

Even a lot of components from China are fake but many here are the first to write that when two scopes have the same cabinets, that they are thus totally the same and it is no use to buy the A-brand.
www.pa4tim.nl my collection measurement gear and experiments Also lots of info about network analyse
www.schneiderelectronicsrepair.nl  repair of test and calibration equipment
https://www.youtube.com/user/pa4tim my youtube channel

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 07:45:27 pm »

Yes, the buttons, psu etc are very much alike. But if you look at the bottom PCB the LeCroy has a very big black mulipin IC (fpga ? ) and the Atten has one that is about 1/4th of that size. So they share the cabinet and psu but the heart of the scopes are different. So I would not call that rebranded. It is made by Atten or siglent but it looks like it is not a just a rebranded copy. I think a brand like Agilent or LeCroy has enough knowledge to give them a design or make mods according there wishes. Maybe better parts. They do not have to make it dead cheep and so it just last the warranty periode, It must be good enough not to trow away there name with customers also buying there more expensive products and give support/service.

Even a lot of components from China are fake but many here are the first to write that when two scopes have the same cabinets, that they are thus totally the same and it is no use to buy the A-brand.

Afaik, Atten do not have factory for make digital osciloscopes.
These Teledyne are made and designed by Siglent.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 07:47:23 pm »
But if you look at the bottom PCB the LeCroy has a very big black mulipin IC (fpga ? ) and the Atten has one that is about 1/4th of that size.

there are multiple hardware revisions, LeCroy (this one) is having older hw revision than used by Siglent/ATTEN. I know about at least two, not sure about third version.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline larry42

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 10:26:03 pm »
Doesn't this question appear on a weekly basis. Based on specs alone I would never get the WaveAce - memory is pitiful.

Greetings,

Rigol DS1052E
LeCroy WaveAce 101

Any opinions?

Thanks
If you have an animated GIF in your avatar or signature then I reserve the right to think you're a dolt.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 01:46:29 am »
LeCroy is sort of crap. Rebranded shit sold at 3 times the price! Amazing! Just go get a Siglent SDS1072CML and you will not be disappointed. Also, any more info on the SDS2000/3000 series, including prices? They look mighty interesting.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 01:59:33 am »
Well, Tektronix does no rebranding. Agilent 1000 series is made by Rigol, but he scopes tdo not look exactly the same... The front panel layout is abit different.
While LeCroy is the same as Siglent. They did not make any desigh change.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf